Are You The One?
MatchMove Pay, one of the fastest-growing and award-winning financial technology company, is looking for an experienced "Data Scientist -Risk Operations" to ensure quality across all platforms as we accelerate our global expansion.
We are building a team in Matchmove, who will make an impact in reducing risk through analytically driven decisions. Understand and enforce Data Security policies, manage customer sensitive information, eliminating risk thus building the most trusted and safe payment platform for our customers.
We are looking for candidates for analyzing large amounts of data to identify specific instances of risk, broader risk trends and points of customer friction, developing scalable solutions for prevention. You will work with team members to ensure that the volume being flagged for manual review aligns with available capacity at required service levels. In addition, you will be responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics and continuously look for improvement opportunities.
- Understand the various operations and requirements of stakeholders, map them with the data sources/data warehouse.
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics
- Provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, risk assessment, and system availability).
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross-functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance.
- Perform business analysis and data queries using SQL, R…
- Execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Identify the new pattern of abuse and make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring.
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategic recommendations.
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent pre-paid card fraud/Risk.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, or Operations Research from premium institutes.
- Min 3 years of experience working in Analytics / Business Intelligence environment.
- Experience in working with databases and SQL in a business environment.
- Demonstrated the use of analytical packages and query languages such as SAS and SQL.
- Prior experience in the design and execution of analytical projects.
- Worked extensively in large scale databases and data warehouses.
- Experience with Tableau and R . Statistical scorecards and decision modeling.
- Exposure to software development process Additional Details (if any).
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture.
- Detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. The role will require the ability to extract data from various sources and to design/construct/execute complex analyses to finally come up with data/reports that help solve the business problem.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to apply analytical, computer, statistical and quantitative problem-solving skills is required
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-task, high volume environment.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow fluctuations.
Culture in MatchMove
- A fast-moving, fun and yet professional startup environment that recognizes and rewards individual contributions and also team success.
- Highly motivated people who are totally focused on winning by combining great teamwork, rapid execution and an uncompromising approach to quality and customer satisfaction.
- We strongly encourage Innovation, Collaboration, Creativity, and Initiative.
- A collaborative environment where you can get to closely work with the CEO.
Be A Part of the MatchMove Family!
Personal Data Protection Act
By submitting your application for this job, you are authorizing MatchMove to a) collect and use your personal data, and to disclose such data to any third party with whom MatchMove or any of its related corporation has service arrangements, in each case for all purposes in connection with your job application, and employment with MatchMove; and b) retain your personal data for 1 year for consideration of future job opportunities (where applicable for relevant unsuccessful job applicants).
We look forward to hearing from you
At Matchmove, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Matchmove, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.