Are you the One?
Matchmove is looking for a self-driven Senior Operations Manager-Risk to provide the overall management and direct leadership to an operation of investigators and data scientists/risk analysts in an organizational structure of multiple management levels based in Bangalore, India. This role has site-level ownership for functional areas and a high level of input and engagement on strategy. Is responsible for overseeing and developing employee performance, implementing, managing and reporting through metrics, service level agreements, and key performance indicators. Furthermore, in this position, you will own and have the unique opportunity to help define the toolsets, road-maps, and processes to enable the team’s mission for safeguarding Matchmove’s Payment platform.
The successful candidate should thrive in an environment that offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and fast-paced changes. You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. Success for a team such as ours can be viewed in terms of the positive impact we drive to manage risk, and the quality of actionable data we provide to our customers.
- Drive the strategy and Risk team vision for the operation of investigators and risk analysts/data scientists; make independent decisions with sound judgment to manage their teams to attain that vision.
- Facilitate understanding of broader organizational tenets and strategic goals for the business.
- Lead planning and execution of SLAs, capacity, and workflow plans for single /multiple functional areas in one or more sites.
- Organize team structure for multiple functional areas to ensure scalability for present and future volume needs.
- Identify opportunities and risks, dives deep, and work with internal and external teams to implement solutions.
- Define metrics, goals, and strategic direction across the functional area(s) in support of overall group vision; identify the new metrics and tools that are needed.
- Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements.
- Work with various internal teams (HR, Legal, Public Relations, Business teams, etc.) to provide operational support.
- Lead initiatives and champion projects within and outside of organization or region; influence key stakeholders to ensure that resources needed are prioritized to achieve quantifiable results, monitoring the effectiveness after project delivery.
- Innovate by driving continuous enhancements and operational efficiencies across all process areas.
- Create goal-setting, performance management, and retention strategies across multiple teams.
- Recognizes development needs within and across teams and builds plans to expand capabilities and provide growth opportunities.
- Recruit top-quality talent; develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities.
- University Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience relevant to the role description.
- 5+ years of experience in the services industry and/or operational environment.
- 4+ years of management experience managing multiple-levels of leadership, performance metrics, operational KPI’s and employee and manager development.
- Strong hands-on approach and ability to balance day-to-day operational work and strategic long-term planning.
- Demonstrated experience managing and developing two levels of management and their direct reports.
- Proven coaching and leadership skills including evidence of successful career progression and growth internally within operation and establishment of proven succession planning models.
- Advanced communication skills in English, written and verbal, both remotely and face to face.
Scope of Work
- Metrics, by consistently leading their team to meet and exceed quality, productivity and service levels and targets
- Develop tools, strategy and solutions – implement for flawless results
- People Development, by developing the performance levels, career and skills of their managers and their teams through continuous closure of performance feedback loops.
- Possess the ability to recruit excellent team members into their team and company.
- Process Improvement, by delivering significant business impacts and/ or contributions to the transaction risk management business through improvement to quality, productivity, or customer experience.
- Work with cross-functional and peer teams to deliver operational excellence.
- Project Participation, by effectively participating in projects that involve multiple teams within Risk business that are above and beyond the normal area of responsibility or expertise.
- Consistently demonstrate timely delivery of projects on roadmap to support the team and department vision.
- Judgment and Discretion, by demonstrating the ability to manage sensitive customer information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, exercise discretion in tactical and strategic decision making/problem solving and routinely report to management chain as required.
- Make decisions that reflect the adequate judgment and involve partnering with other internal stakeholders/teams as appropriate and required.
- Proven project management experience and delivery using Six Sigma knowledge or similar models such as Lean.
- Proven operational experience across the domain of Risk Management & Fraud.
- A clear understanding of phishing, malware, active content, social engineering, mule networks, fraud patterns detection, fraud workflow tool, etc.
- Proven track record driving change and innovation.
Culture in MatchMove
- work in a fast-moving startup, fun and yet professional environment that recognizes and rewards individual contributions and team success.
- To work with highly motivated people who are totally focused on winning by combining great teamwork, rapid execution and an
- an uncompromising approach to quality and customer satisfaction.
- We strongly encourage Innovation, Collaboration, Creativity, and Initiative.
- Work in a collaborative environment where you can talk to the CEO anytime!
Be A Part of the MatchMove Family!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for the post of Senior Operations Manager”. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Personal Data Protection Act
By submitting your application for this job, you are authorizing MatchMove to a) collect and use your personal data, and to disclose such data to any third party with whom MatchMove or any of its related corporation has service arrangements, in each case for all purposes in connection with your job application, and employment with MatchMove; and b) retain your personal data for 1 year for consideration of future job opportunities (where applicable for relevant unsuccessful job applicants).
We look forward to hearing from you
At Matchmove, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Matchmove, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.